Male or Female?
A language instructor was explaining to her class that French nouns, unlike their English counterparts, are grammatically designated as masculine or feminine. Things like 'chalk' or 'pencil, ' she described, would have a gender association although in English these words were neutral. Puzzled, one student raised his hand and asked, 'What gender is a computer?'
The teacher wasn't certain which it was, and so divided the class into two groups and asked them to decide if a computer should be masculine or feminine. One group was made up of the women in the class, and the other, of men. Both groups were asked to give four reasons for their recommendation.
The group of women concluded that computers should be referred to in the masculine gender because:
1. In order to get their attention, you have to turn them on.
2. They have a lot of data but are still clueless.
3. They are supposed to help you solve your problems, but half the time they ARE the problem.
4. As soon as you commit to one, you realize that, if you had waited a little longer, you might have had a better model.
The men, on the other hand, decided that computers should definitely be referred to in the feminine gender because:
1. No one but their creator understands their internal logic.
2. The native language they use to communicate with other computers is incomprehensible to everyone else.
3. Even your smallest mistakes are stored in long-term memory for later retrieval.
4. As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half your paycheck on accessories for it.
Kids on the Internet
My kids love going to the Web, and they keep track of their passwords by writing them on Post-it notes.
I noticed their Disney password was "GoofyMickeyMinniePluto" and so I asked why it was so long.
"Because, " my son explained, "they said it had to have at least four characters."
It's an Internet World
A teacher asked one of her pupils, 'What's the nation's capital?'
The reply was, 'Washington DC'
On being asked what the 'DC' stood for, the pupil added, 'Dot com!'
A woman had been married three times and was still a virgin. Somebody asked her how that could be possible.
'Well, ' she said. 'The first time I married an octogenarian and he died before we could consummate the marriage.'
'The second time I married a naval officer and war broke out on our wedding day.'
'The third time I married a Microsoft Windows programmer and he just sat on the edge of the bed and kept telling me how good it was going to be.'
With any using link to 3Gold.com strongly required.
© 3Gold.com inc. Copyright 2019. All rights reserved.